Brand: Calvit's Shrubs
- DRINKING SHRUBS: Modern craft cocktail enthusiasts have revived this age-old beverage mixer, which adds flavor and intrigue to alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks alike.
- SAMPLE PACK: A variety of our most popular & intriguing flavors: Ginger/Lemongrass, Thai Basil, and Tomatillo/Tamarind
- A NATURAL BEVERAGE: Calvit's Shrubs are made from real fruits and vegetables, using no flavor syrups or concentrates, and sweetened with unrefined cane sugar.
- HOW TO USE: For a soft drink, pour 1 oz. Calvit's Shrub in a tall glass with ice and fizzy water of choice. For a cocktail, mix 1 oz. shrub to 1 oz. spirits; add mixer to taste.
- MADE IN THE USA: Hand-crafted by Phil the Shrubber in Minneapolis in service to his motto: "I'd like to punch you in the mouth-with flavor!"
Publisher: Calvit's Shrubs
Details: Drinking Shrubs
Shrubs, also known as drinking vinegars, originated hundreds of years ago as a way to preserve fruit juice using vinegar and sugar. In recent years, craft cocktail enthusiasts have revived this venerable elixir, greatly to the benefit of the modern drinker.
How To Use
COCKTAIL: Mix 1 oz. of shrub with 1 oz. of your preferred spirit (if you like the taste of liquor at the forefront, use a bit less shrub); add club soda or tonic to taste. A good squeeze of lemon or lime is almost always a fine idea. Feel free to experiment!
SOFT DRINK: For a delicious, all-natural, hand-made NA refreshment, pour about 1 oz. of shrub into a tall glass with club soda and/or tonic water (about a 1-to-4 ratio) and ice. A squeeze of lime? Sure.
Flavor Profiles/Suggested Pairings
Thai Basil: Fragrant with real Thai basil and lime leaf. The chili brings tingle to the finish, without making it "spicy." Excellent paired with gin, or with dark rum and lime.
Ginger/Lemongrass: Ginger and lemongrass are a classic flavor combo. White pepper adds a little spice kick at the finish. Versatile mixer: try with rye or bourbon, or add to a gin & tonic.
Tomatillo Tamarind: Tomatillos, a bright green relative of the tomato, are the "verde" in most Mexican cooking. They have a wonderful sharp tangy bite. Tamarind is mysterious: an ungainly tropical tree pod, filled with brown sticky paste. Tamarind adds a nice sour funk to many Indian, southeast Asian, and Mexican sauces, soups and beverages. The hibiscus brightens things with its lovely floral qualities, and adds nice color.
Calvit's Shrubs are made with piles and piles of fresh herbs, fruits and vegetables, with no flavor syrups or concentrates, and sweetened with unrefined cane sugar. Fizz your own water, and you have a delicious, refreshing beverage produced entirely outside of the industrial sugar-water complex!
Package Dimensions: 7.6 x 5.5 x 2.5 inches